THE SANCTUARY EVENT SPACE
The Sanctuary is a magical non-profit Event Space canopied by ancient live oak trees, conveniently located just minutes from Downtown Austin.
Venue Rental Rates 2017
Benefitting The Amala Foundation
Submit your RENTAL REQUEST HERE!
The Sanctuary Event Space is centrally located off S. Lamar Blvd between Gibson and Treadwell Street at 1006 S 8th St., Austin, TX 78704. The enchanting venue is ideal for Weddings, Engagement Parties, Rehearsals, Dinners, Cocktail Parties, Baby Showers, Birthdays, Company Parties, and celebrations. Capacity is 150 guests for seated dinner events and standing room for 200. Venue Rentals benefit the Amala Foundation non profit organization (www.amalafoundation.org).
Rental Rates range from $850-$3,800. Submit a Rental Request for a list available dates and pricing. Submit a Rental Request: https://amala.wufoo.com/forms/q1rxpk4z0l00a1h/
Contact Director of Events Jessica Ryan at 512-270-1734, JessicaRyan@amalafoundation.org *Be sure to add the email address to your Contacts to avoid messages filtering through your SPAM folder.
And LIKE the Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/TheSanctuaryEventSpace / @TheSanctuaryEventSpace
SPACES AVAILABLE FOR EVENT RENTALS
- OUTDOOR GROUNDS (included with all rentals)
- Three ancient Live Oak Trees, which canopy the outdoor grounds with shade
- Capacity to seat outdoor wedding for up to 150 guests
- Capacity to seat outdoor dining tables for up to 150 guests
- Terraced Ceremony Site
- bottom 2 terraces fit 120 chairs, 3rd terrace and seat up to 150 chairs
- Iron Ceremony Arbor with jasmine green ivy leaves at Ceremony Site
- Chairs available for rent at $3/each (includes setup and breakdown)
- Guest Bathroom on Deck (additional bathrooms in Cottage House and Loft)
- Driveway for (un)loading, can be used for a Food Truck to park
- Five 6-foot folding plastic tables (require 90”x132” Linens)
- Option to rent up to 120 chairs at $3/each (includes set-up and breakdown)
- Deck with lighting for staging Toasts and First dances
- Tree-Top Balcony
- COTTAGE HOUSE
- Interior space that is included in Friday Rehearsal rentals
- Furnished Living Room
- Guest Bathroom in Cottage House (additional bathrooms on Grounds and Loft)
- Kitchen (for food prep)
- Dining Room
- Includes two 8-foot rectangular tables in dining room for Buffet setup
- PARTY ROOM / STUDIO
- included in Friday Rehearsal Dinner and Ceremony + Reception rentals
- Large Open Room for Dance Floor
- Furnished with Cubby Shelf and Credenza
- Capacity to seat indoor Ceremony for up to 65 guests
- Capacity to seat indoor seated dinner for up to 50 guests ( five 8-foot tables)
- LOFT SUITE
- Can be used for getting ready, green room, or babysitter room
- Furnished Living Room with couches, chairs, and bed
- Kitchenette with sink, stove, and fridge
- Full Bathroom (additional bathrooms on Grounds and Cottage House)
FULL WEEKEND BUYOUTS: Applicable only for weekends with availability Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Venue Access from Friday 3:00pm through Sunday 11:00pm full venue access with overnight honeymoon suite available. Inquire within for accurate quote.
Chairs are available for rent by request at $3/each, which includes setup and breakdown.
Email Jessica Ryan at email@example.com or Call 512-270-1734.
SANCTUARY EVENT SPACE – 1006 S 8th St, Austin, TX 78704
The Amala Foundation is delighted to offer their home, The Sanctuary Event Space, for weddings and special events for 150 guests. Venue rentals and yoga classes benefit the Amala Foundation’s youth programs. The venue is located just minutes from Downtown Austin.
For more information, please fill out our Venue Rental Inquiry form. We’d be happy to give you a tour of the event space and talk with you about your specific event venue needs. Contact Director Of Events Jessica Ryan at 512-270-1734, JessicaRyan@amalafoundation.org.
We just had our dream wedding ceremony at The Amala Sanctuary, and everything was so beautiful and just what we had envisioned! We worked with several different folks through the foundation to plan the big day, and everyone we communicated with was so kind and helpful. We really couldn’t be more pleased with how it all turned out, and our out of town guests were wowed by the beauty and uniqueness of the space. If you are looking for truly magical oasis in Austin that benefits a great cause, the Sanctuary is perfect!–Abigail K.
The Amala Sanctuary is an Oasis. The entire property has a welcoming sense of home. The beautiful gardens and magnificent Oak trees (visible from inside the studio space) are pulsing with life force and truly inspire awe. The moment one steps into the Sanctuary there is a palpable sense of peace and sacred space.
I love how spartan and Zen it is…clear of clutter and yet versatile and purposefully equipped with what one might need to host a workshop, event or class. I recommend this magical spot to anyone who is interested in a unique, beautiful, functional event space.–Gabriella M.
I first contacted Amala because I was looking for a large, available space to teach some early morning yoga classes. Kerry was quick to get back to me, and always courteous, kind and professional.
I was blown away when I saw the space. It’s simply gorgeous. One wall of the room is entirely windows, looking out on a beautiful back-yard setting with massive oak trees and the most hypnotic windchimes I’ve ever heard.
The room itself has sprung hardwood floors, perfect for any type of movement, and plenty of facilitation amenities, including candles, an ipod dock, yoga mats, sitting cushions and an earthen jar water cooler.–Mateo J.
We were looking for a place to celebrate my boyfriend’s daughter’s “Quiceañera” and when we found Amala we knew it was perfect for us. The people working there are so nice and courteous and they will always respond to all our questions.
Everyone in our party complimented how beautiful a place Amala is. We were so happy and we had an awesome time. The money is also for a great cause! We will definitely go back to Amala in the near future. :).–Ana H.
We rented the Sanctuary at Amala for my 40th birthday party. It is a truly special venue that would make any event magical. I highly recommend it and will definitely be back. Here are the pics from our event: http://kathietamphotography.com/?p=17304. Thank you, Jessie, and everyone for working with us to help make our night so awesome!