Amala aims to heal communities through conversation. Since 2001, Amala has worked to build a healthy and diverse community by focusing on a culture of belonging. Amala offers leadership programs grounded in social-emotional learning (SEL) for youth and adults from diverse cultural, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds. All our work is done through the lens of equity, inclusion, and systemic change.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated, energetic and collaborative thinker with facilitation experience to join our team. BIPOC applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
What will the Program Coordinator do?
- Program Logistics and Administration: Coordinate with facilitators to make sure they have all supplies needed before their groups and facilitation sessions. This includes ensuring all facilitators have proper documentation, collecting sign in sheets from facilitators, handling scheduling,maintaining awareness of budget and track expenditures.
- Facilitation Support: Alongside lead facilitators, support restorative circles as co-facilitator on a weekly basis
- Grant Support: Monitor grant proposals, coordination, and grant deliverables and support Program Director with grant deadlines
- General Office Support: Managing relevant organizational calendars and day to day operations of Amala property
- Communication: Be main point of contact for parents, guardians, and CIS program administrator, communicating proactively and effectively. Manage and make communications through email and text. Communicate important program-related information to youth and parents. Assist with updates on social media.
- Community partnerships and outreach: Assist in cultivating relationships with other nonprofits, community groups and individuals for promotion, recruitment and program development purposes
This is a three-quarter time (a maximum of 30 hours per week), entry level role.
Preferred Education, Qualifications, and Experience:
At Amala, we value both formal and informal education.
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-directed with minimal supervision
- Facilitation skills or willingness to learn
- Lived experience in the communities that we serve
Why work at Amala?
First, we are a community, not just an organization. Amala is a community of diverse people committed to developing self-awareness and the ability to listen to others with curiosity. We believe that when people of all ages develop these skills en masse, we can overcome the social ills that prevent Austin from thriving as a community.
Additionally, Amala offers the following benefits:
- Flexible schedule
- Hybrid work options
- Paid vacation and sick time
Is this position for you?
We are a highly functioning team because we are highly functioning individuals.
You must have a passion for SEL and equity, a commitment to becoming increasingly self- and racially-aware, an open and curious mind about people who are different from you, a natural urge to collaborate, and a willingness to bring your whole self (but not give your whole life!) to the job.
What is the compensation package and when does it start?
Salary range: $38,000-$40,000. This is a three-quarter time (a maximum of 30 hours per week)
How to apply
Email your resume to email@example.com, along with a cover letter in which you answer the questions listed below.
Cover letter questions (please limit to two pages):
- Why are you interested in Amala’s Program Coordinator position and what about your background draws you to this position?
- What experience do you have working in coordinating or support roles?
- Why do you think Amala’s work is important?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses you would bring to this position?
Deadline to apply is midnight on Jun 23, 2022