July 26-28, 2019. Join us for an immersive training in Mindful Facilitation with Shawn Kent at Amala (1006 South 8th Street).
This training will teach student facilitators the skills and perspectives that they need to create supportive spaces for mindfulness, experiential learning, and genuine connection.
Friday 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Saturday 10 AM – 3 PM
Sunday 10 AM – 3 PM
The cost of the training is $350. Learn more and apply here.
The core training brings focus to:
- Mindfulness: Utilizing somatic self-awareness to generate confidence and self-regulation
- Trauma Informed and Healing Centered Work: Creating safe spaces for deeper learning and interaction
- Sharing Circles: Using the power of listening & support to build understanding & community
- Kinesthetic Activities: Leading experiential learning and adventure challenges to engage youth
- Authenticity: Accessing the potency the facilitator has to inspire, energize, and model
- Inclusion: Developing cultural awareness & equity to strengthen delivery & processing skills
- Emotional Intelligence: Leveraging the strength of SEL to build connections