Rise Up offers teens ages 14-18 opportunities to be themselves, make friends from different neighborhoods, and develop leadership skills.
Fall 2020 Registration Coming Soon!
Be part of something meaningful!
It’s not always cool (or safe) to be yourself at school or with friends and family. Would you like a space where you can be real about what’s going on in your life, how you feel, what struggles you face, and to share your hopes and dreams? Would you like to meet youth from different neighborhoods and backgrounds, learn what their lives are like, have discussions about things that matter (race and gender issues, healthy relationships, etc.), and explore ways to make your community better? If so, Rise Up is for you!
Rise Up gives emerging teen leaders ages 14-18 a space to express themselves, connect with other inspired youth, gain leadership skills, and serve their community. Sessions take place every other Thursday 6-8:30 pm throughout the school year, and include interactive activities, mindfulness experiences, and sharing circles
The total cost for the 9-month program is $525. We offer numerous payment plans, as well as full and partial scholarships.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (512) 476-8884.
Reach In, Rise Up, Reach Out!
Rise Up is:
- A safe, nonjudgmental space for youth to share their true selves
- An opportunity to connect with youth from different schools and neighborhoods
- A place where youth can discuss the difficulties of being a teenager and learn tools to deal with the ups and downs of life
- An invitation to develop leadership skills and explore ways to engage in their community
- A place where adults listen more than they talk!
Meets Thursday evenings from 6:00 to 8:30 pm
FIRE Cycle (Older Youth): Begins October 2020
WIND Cycle (Younger Youth): Begins October 2020
2020-21 Rise Up Dates TBD
FIRE Cycle (Older Youth)
WIND Cycle (Younger Youth)