Restorative Justice Facilitator
Position type: P/T Role (20-25hrs/week) with potential for FT
Salary: $35,000 + Benefits
Family Violence Circles for Travis County Transformation Project (TcTp)
Travis County Transformation Project (TcTp) is looking for a clinician with restorative justice familiarity for our pilot program running from April 2023 through March 2025. This is a two-year, grant funded position.
The Travis County Transformation Project seeks to disrupt intergenerational cycles of violence through a pre-arrest, community-based program that uses restorative justice practices to repair harm, restore connection to community, and prevent future violence in our community. Families that will be eligible for the program will have experienced a violent incident between a caregiver and child between the ages of 15 and 16. The incidents will range from class A misdemeanor family violence assault up to a second-degree felony aggravated assault. Incidents that result in serious bodily injury or involve a firearm are not eligible. In Year 1, up to 30 cases will be referred by the Travis County District Attorney’s office. Caregivers and youth will undergo a 10-week restorative healing circle model. Impacted families will engage and be supported throughout each peacemaking process by local community partners, including the Amala Foundation and Excellence and Advancement Foundation.
The Travis County Transformation Project is a collaborative effort between the Travis County District Attorney’s office and community organizations including the Excellence and Advancement Foundation and the Amala Foundation. Together we create a network of support for youth and families involved in instances of family violence. We seek to completely divert our youth and families from the traditional justice system. We are committed to co-creating healing circles with community members and have preference for those who have experience in facilitating Restorative Circles and co-creating healing centered community spaces. BIPOC candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
RJ -Facilitator Role Responsibilities:
● Co-creates and facilitates Restorative Circles with Amala’s Director of Restorative Justice. Requires evening & weekend availability
● Collaborates & communicates with TCTP partners on the planning and implementation of the full 10-week circle process for each involved youth and their caregivers, including:
❖ As needed, meet with each participant to explain the program and peacemaking process and evaluate for receptivity.
❖ Conducting community-based circles to prepare youth and caregivers for the Peacemaking Circle Process and identify methods for continued healing
● Maintains documentation for intake, assessment and progress of each referred case. ● Ideal candidates will be able to manage the nuance between clinical frameworks and the need for facilitators to show up authentically and share through the lens of their own experience.
Preferred Credentials and Experience:
● Mental Health Licensure in Texas, including but not limited to LMSW/LCSW/LMHP/LMFT; ● Minimum of 3 years of experience working with youth ages 14 – 16.
● Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in facilitating groups, ideally comfortable in settings involving family violence/domestic violence.
● Experience in facilitating restorative justice circles.
● Experience working with youth and/or families involved in the criminal legal system. ● Bilingual
Experience/capabilities in the Following are a Plus:
● Provision of group therapy
● Trauma-informed family violence intervention programs
● Culturally responsive restorative practice (CRRP)
Working environment: All sites designated for in-person Circles will adhere to up-to-date COVID guidelines and regulations. Virtual accommodations will be made as necessary. Access to reliable transportation will be required for this position.
● Flexible schedule
● Hybrid work options
● 401K matching
● Unlimited vacation time
● Health insurance
Application Procedure: Applicants should email a cover letter and resume to Maria Arabbo at email@example.com & Danielle Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sanctuary Events in South Austin is an event venue for weddings, private parties, corporate events, community groups, etc. We are seeking an energetic, highly organized, and self-directed Venue Manager who is passionate about working in the event and wedding industry.
Responsibilities for this position will include, but are not limited to,
- Managing the Sanctuary Events website and venue profiles on platforms such as the Knot, Wedding Wire and Here Comes the Guide
- Sales and managing bookings of the Sanctuary Property
- Executing contracts in relation to booking of property
- Conducting open house events, venue tours and generating leads
- Establishing and maintaining vendor relationships
- Social Media posting for @theSanctuaryEventspace and client engagement
- Training, managing and scheduling a small team of day-of contractors and Grounds Coordinator
- Sending Thank You cards to our amazing clients!
Proceeds from bookings at Sanctuary Events support The Amala Foundation. The Amala Foundation is a non-profit organization cultivating cultures of belonging through community building, and the teaching & practice of wellbeing. The Venue Manager is an employee of the Amala Foundation.
32 hours per week
$40,000 salary plus commission
Paid health and dental
4% 401k matching
$100 per month wellness credit
Paid Vacation and Sick Time
Weekend work required
Sanctuary Events provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Is the Venue Manager position the position for you?
To be successful in this role, you must be self-motivated, reliable, accountable, self-
aware, and HIGHLY organized. You must have strong sales and customer service skills, experience with Google Suites and Microsoft Office, and excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience using Honeybook or other booking platform is a plus
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. To apply please follow the steps below.
How to apply
Email your resume to Carolyn@amalafoundation.org with the subject VENUE MANAGER, along with a cover letter in which you answer the questions listed below. You will receive an email notifying you that your materials have been received. After that, Amala will initiate all contact. Please respect our hiring process and refrain from calling or sending additional emails. We look forward to connecting with you.
Cover letter questions (please limit to one page):
1. Why are you interested in Amala’s Venue Manager position and what about your background draws you to this position?
2. What experience do you have working in the event/wedding industry?
3. How do you envision this position and Sanctuary Events engaging with the local community?
Interested in supporting Amala’s mission as a board member? Contact us to learn more about the opportunity.